After

After

Friday, January 21, 2011

Yummy Breakfast Sandwiches

You here it all the time whether it be on TV, the radio, or just people passing by "How could someone let themselves get that Fat". For the majority of us we try everything in our power to prevent it from happening, but it just dont seem to matter it seems like for everystep we take forward we are takin 2 steps back. In my case when i was 4 years old I  had something happen to me that no 4 year old should have to go through. Because of this tradegy I started turning to food for comfort. This is a pattern that would follow me to my adult life. When things were good I could lose a little bit of weight and start to feel better about myself, then once things turned bad or werent going as well as I expected I would turn to food to make me feel better. By doing this I would gain back whatever I lost plus some. After many years of this it got harder to lose the weight and easier to gain.
 I think if I would of had the right tools or the right support system I may have been able to succeed, that is why I am hoping that by supplying my family and all of my followers with the right tools they will be able to succeed. Today  I am going to give you a recipe for the breakfast sandwiches I have been making for my family. I like to make a whole weeks worth at once, wrap them in saran wrap then put them in the freezer. That way they can pop one in the microwave and eat them on their way of the door. These sandwiches have protein and arent full of sugar so they keep them full longer than cereal and also help them to feel better throughout the morning.

Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches

1-Thomas Bagel Thins -110 Calories Per Bagel
2 turkey sausage links cooked then cut in half (90 calories)
1/4 cup egg subsitute (30 calories)
1/8 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese (23 calories)

Cook the sausage links then cut them in half lengthwise. Set Aside. Spray a pan with cooking spray and add egg substitue cook eggs until almost set then add the cheese, while the eggs are cooking, toast the bagel in your toaster.  Once eggs are done put sausage links, then eggs on bagel. Put top on bagel and Enjoy
Serving is one whole Sandwich. Calories for one sandwich is 253 Calories.
I know egg substitute can be expensive so you can use 1 real egg but the your calories will go up to 293 calories for one sandwich.
I also make these with bacon as well. I buy the oscar mayer fully cooked bacon. You can have 4 slices for 70 calories. So if you make the sandwiches using the bacon then your total calories would be 233. Thats pretty good for a breakfast sandwich if you ask me.
A Sausage McMuffin at McDonalds has 370 calories and a breakfast bagel at Mcdonalds has 600 calories, so by making a batch of these up and putting them in your freezer its not only good on your waist but it's also good on your wallet as well cuz you won be as tempted to hit the drive thru for a quick meal. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment