After

After

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chicken Foil Pack and Yum- Yum Brownie Muffins

My goal for this blog is to try to post something at least once a week, more if I have time. I am hoping by doing this it will help to keep me on this healthy cooking kick. Since my last post a week ago I am a mother again. This is not my own child but a step son who is 12. He came to live with me all the way from Africa so it will be quite an adjustment for all of us. The funny thing is while I am trying to slim down the rest of my family this kid is skinny as a toothpick so I need to figure out a way to put a little meat on his bones. Guess I will have to find a way to sneak some extra calories into his food. I am sure I can figure something out. While not jeopardizing this new path the rest of us have chosen to take. Trent has lost 2 more lbs so am very proud of him. I think if I could get him to excercise more we would get to our goal sooner. He did tell me he is interested in weight training and wants to take it for his PE Class next year. That is too far away so I guess I will have to get him to the gym so he can try it there. I hope I can find something he can enjoy so that he will stick with it. I also want to start excersing again but its finding the time in my hectic schedule. I am just going to have to try to fit it in. Since I am so close to my weight loss goal. I have a new goal I would like to achieve and that is running a 5k. I dont like to run, but I want to prove to myself that I can do it. So if anyone out there is interested in getting me started let me know would love to have someone who can motivate me.
Since I posted last I have tried out tons of new recipes and all of them but one were a huge hit. I guess that's pretty good considering they are low cal. There are so many more I want to try so at least I will have something to write about. The one I chose to pick for today is once again from the hungry girl cookbook and is called Mom Style Creamy Chicken -n- Veggies. This recipe is cooked in a foil pack in the oven so its easy to make and easy clean up. I actually cant wait to try this one over the campfire this summer will be great.
5 oz chicken breast
1/4 Cup 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Teaspoon of Chopped Garlic
1/2 Cup of Mixed Veggies
1/4 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
1 Cup Frozen Cauliflower
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
Salt and Pepper to Taste.
In a bowl mix the soup, sour cream, garlic and salt together, then add the cauliflower. mixed veggies and  mushrooms in the bowl. Set Aside, Lay a large piece of Foil on a baking sheet and spray it with cooking spray. Season both sides of your chicken they lay on foil. Place veggie mix on top of chicken. Then fold your foil to create a packet bake this at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes.
This recipe is for 1 serving. 307 Calories, 4 g fat and 26 g carbs.
I made this for the whole family My son is picky and will not eat mixed veggies, he also does not like sourcream. To make his more to his taste. I took a Green Giant broccoli and cheese just for one these are about 45 calories a serving and added it in place of the sour cream I then added a about 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli and mixed it all together for him..He loved it. I also made garlic bread to go with this. The bread I now absolutely love is an oatmeal bread that is only 45 calories a slice, for the butter I used a product called butter its not. Its King Soopers Brand of I cant believe its not butter. Then I sprinkled garlic powder on Top. and baked it about 5 minutes.  So the whole meal was under 400 Calories..
My Daugther and I shared one because there was so much food there. This is another recipe that I will definetely keep.
Because I have not shared a dessert recipe with you yet I am going to add one into this blog as well.
The recipe is also from Hungry Girl and is Called Yum Yum Brownie Muffins, These are the size of a muffin and full of choclately goodness.
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
1 15oz Can Pure Pumpkin( Make sure not to use pie mix it wont work the same)
 Yes only 2 ingredients thats the best part
Heat oven to 350 mix cake mix and pumpkin together til well incorporated. The mix will be very thick dont add anything else this is how its supposed to be. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin cups and spray them with cooking spray. Divide the mixture between the 12 cups and bake 20 minutes.
This makes 12- servings a serving size is 1 muffin- 181 calories, 3.5 g fat. 37 g carbs
This makes a great dessert or even breakfast if you are craving that muffin for breakfast. My son and daughter have been having this as a snack not only can they still eat chocolate but they can eat it and I dont have to worry about the gazillion calories a typical muffin carries. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment