After

After

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Outside in bacon Cheeseburgers

I am going to start this post of on a positve Note, It was just about two weeks ago that I stumbled across the "Hungry Girl CookBook at the library, from the minute I started looking at it I knew I finally found a way to make the meals I cook for my family Healthier and lower in calories. I have not cooked recipes from this book everyday but I do try to make everything I cook as healthy as possible. Anyways I stepped on the scale and I have lost 4 lbs. My goal was not for me to lose weight, but for my family to get healthier. So I was pretty excited about this weight loss. This means am only 6 lbs away from my goal weight  who would of thought that 115 lbs ago it seemed so far away. The best part about this though is that my Son has lost 5lbs without feeling deprived. The Hungry girl cookbook even has dessert recipes so when you get that craving you can still have it..It's a wonderful cookbook and  I am so Happy I discovered it. So my recipe today came from the cookbook but I added my own twist by adding bacon and low calorie Hamburger Buns hope you enjoy it as much as we did

Outside in Bacon Cheesburgers
1 lb Lean ground Beef                             1 Package of 80 Calorie Hamburger Buns
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
4 Wedges of Laughing Cow Lite Swiss Cheese
4 Slices Oscar Mayer Pre-Cooke Bacon (70 Calories for all 4 slices)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chop the bacon up into tiny pieces, Put in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients minus the cheese.  Mix well using your hands, Once combined divide mix into four equal portions, Make each portion into a ball then put an indendition into the ball using your thumb. Put 1 cheese wedge into the indention then squeeze meat seal. the form into hamburger patties. Put patties in a pan sprayed with cooking spray cooking about 4 minutes per side. Dont press down on patty as cheese will come out .Put Hamburger Patty on 80 calorie but top with lettuce, tom and onion if desired. Total Calories is for one Hamburger is  277. When I made this I also made homemade French Fries I cut 3 Potatoes into fries put them on a cookie sheet sprayed them with cooking spray sprinkled with salt and baked them about 20 minute I allowed Each Person about 1/2 of a potatoes and this was plenty By Adding this you add 55 Calories to your meal. Also if you like ketchup 1 tbsp adds 20 extra calories so take that into consideration as well. Even with the fries your meal is still less than 350 Calories, Plus it fills you up.
Laughing Cow also make light blue cheese wedges so if you like black and blue burgers you can substitue the blue cheese for the swiss not matter which way you do it..They are still Yummy and Super Filing. If you want the original Recipe without my Changes check out the Hungry Girl Website. Hope you Enjoy these as much as we did. If you have any questions or like what you see feel free to leave me a comment. One more interesting fact A normal 1/4 lb bacon cheesebuger has 555 calories and a small Fry has 290 Calories. You are saving over 500 Calories. Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment